Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Weekend happenings!

This past weekend was perfect fall weather for me! Saturday I spent watching college football games and binding a couple of rugs. Sunday I spent outdoors doing some yard work and bringing out fall decorations. I was going to post on Sunday night, but got busy getting things together for our upcoming "Happy Trails Rug Camp" at Ginger's house beginning Thursday, September 29.
So here is what I have been doing this past week.

I enjoy hooking rugs but always put off binding them.  Not my favorite thing to do. However, I learned a new method of binding and so I don't mind it so much anymore. These two rugs have been hooked for awhile so glad to finally have them finished. The first rug was drawn by Ginger.  Ginger, Sandra and I were going to do a rug every 3 months and Ginger was going to design them. I think Ginger designed 2 or 3 but this is the only one I have done.

Ginger's design
Small Penny rug
I have also started doing some cross stitch. I have not stitched on linen before and my friend, Betty, of Primitive Bettys gave me some help in getting started. The pattern is designed by Betty.
Stitched on 28 count linen 
Fall is my most favorite time of the year and so I had to get some fall decorations out to start enjoying it.


 And of course, I had Emma for a couple of times during the week and we spent time playing.


Well that's it for the past weekend. I will be at Ginger's for rug camp the rest of the week so watch for new posts.


Have a great week!!!


Blessings.....patijane


 

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Fall is a great time of year! The rugs look fabulous and the cross stitch is beautiful! Love that pic of Emma with her smiley face poking through the back of the bench! :-) Enjoy the Rug Camp! I know it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ya PatiJane! Oh goodness....everything looks just beautiful! Your finishes, your decorations, and your Emma :)

    Have fun at the camp! Next time I really hope to be there enjoying it with you all.

    Smiles,

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects, porch, decorations, esp. darling Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ALL your pieces. Wonderful job! Emma is just too cute :)
    Looking forward to hearing how camp went with Ginger and seeing pictures! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete