Saturday, March 20, 2010

First day of Spring....Snow

Happy Spring!! I am sure there are places where the sun is shining and it is warm and spring has sprung.  Here in Oklahoma, we are still celebrating winter, at least for another day or two.

My week was busy with office work and time with my Mom. Her routine colonoscopy was Thursday, so I drove her to the hospital for the procedure.  Doctor said everything looked great, no polyps and so she doesn't have to do this again unless problems arise. She was happy!  She was still quite woosie so we got sandwiches to go from Schlotsky's and ate lunch at home.  We spent the rest of the afternoon visiting.  She had a huge pile of baby clothes she had found on sale, so we picked out a few outfits for Ashlee's baby-to-be. 

This diaper cake was given to Ashlee from the people where Dominic works. Isn't it darling!!!    
Today, I am participating in our monthly AAPG online retreat.  The theme is baskets and blooms. I have a few projects in mind and will post pictures later. Nine of us participated in a wooly worm swap of as-is textured wool.  Sent mine in the mail this morning and can't wait to get some back.
Well, second round of March Madness is about to start, so better get my stitching stuff ready, so I can sit and enjoy the games. 

Just got a text from Nick, my son in Washington DC. He said the weather is beautiful there..sunshine and temps near the 70's. So wherever you are, enjoy the day.

Have a great weekend.

Blessings.....patijane







5 comments:

  1. Gosh, I hope that snow disappears soon!!! Just love that wool. And I love March Madness - good excuse to sit in the chair and stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to love this weather! Nothing like building a snowman on the first day of spring! Happy stitchin' today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that you are having more snow patijane... we had the same weather here in central NJ as your son did in DC... Spring can't be too far behind for you! Glad your Mom got a good report from her test! Not a fun test to have to prep for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't take that picture while you were driving did you? :)

    We have the snow too. Been trying to enjoy it the best I can ... hooking and stitching.

    The wools for the exchange are lovely. Can't wait to see which one is mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. patijane~Wanted to let you know that you won the giveaway on my blog (The Wool Cupboard). Hadn't heard from you, so this was the only way I had to let you know!! Please go to my blog and email me with your mailing address so that I can send you the hooks. Thanks and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete