Thursday, August 6, 2009

Washington DC


After a couple of delays at the airports, I made it to DC around midnight Wednesday, actually it was Thursday. Nick picked me up at the airport and we headed to his new apartment. He showed me around and we swapped ideas on what needed to be done and then he headed to bed. He had to go to work around 8:30am this morning.

So I have spent the day cleaning and unpacking boxes. A day before Nick was supposed to move in, the landlord found out that he had to put in sprinkler
systems in the building because the DC building codes had changed on existing building renovations. So he has holes in the ceiling and sheetrock dust everywhere.
I took 'before' pictures but haven't taken any 'after' pictures yet. Will probably start on the bedrooms tomorrow.

I plan on going to some museums and definitely the farmers market at Dupont Circle while I am here. May even look for some quilt shops or rughooking shops..who know what I will find. Just nice to be here.

So, getting ready to go to dinner...have a great weekend and will report back in a couple of days.

Blessings...patijane

1 comment:

  1. Nick is one lucky guy to have Mom there unpacking! Enjoy those museums and the time you have with Nick. Hope you find some quilt shops to visit.
    :)Ginger

    ReplyDelete