Sunday, October 4, 2009

Rainy Sunday!!!


Well, fall is definitely arriving here in Oklahoma. The leaves are falling from the trees and ready to be raked into piles for jumping in. I was driving around town yesterday and some of the leaves on the trees have started changing to red and oranges. Beautiful!! Today is cloudy, cool, and rainy. Really a great day for staying inside and rughooking, sewing, or reading a good book. I am opting to sew. I have a couple of wool projects I would like to do so I figure today is a good day.

Jeff and I spent Saturday morning at the Czech Festival in Yukon, OK. It was sunny, but cool. Perfect weather for walking around the craft booths, enjoying kolaches and sausage rolls and watching the parade. However, I did not get any pictures because I forgot my camera. I didn't realize it until we got there. I was not a happy camper. I took some pictures with my phone, but I can't figure out how to get them to my computer. So no pics of our Saturday outing.

Saturday afternoon I went to the market and got some pumpkins to finish my fall decorating. I just love the fall. It is my most favorite time of the year.
I even put out some of my Halloween decorations. It is already October and I want to enjoy them all month.
I did finish a wool project I had been working on for Country Collections shop. It turned out really good and I may have to do one for myself. I love all the different wool colors of the pennies.

I opened the windows to listen to the rain. It is very soothing and relaxing. Guess I better get busy to my sewing or I might just sit and stare out the window all day.

I wish everyone a good Sunday and a wonderful week ahead. Try to get outdoors and enjoy this beautiful autumn weather with family and friends. Until next time....

Blessings....patijane

4 comments:

  1. Love your fall & Halloween decorations. They look GREAT!!
    Perfect weather to be in looking out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorations are so cute! :) Your penny rug is beautiful! You always so such nice works!

    Smiles,

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fall decorations are looking great! Wow what a beauty that penny rug is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The front porch looks like a familiar scene. :-) I walked out the front door of my building this afternoon and someone had carved a jack-o-lantern and set it out!

    ReplyDelete