Friday, March 18, 2011

No work day Friday!!!!


Another rug from Lenexa
Yay....It's Friday and I don't have to work. Jeff had to go to a meeting in Austin, TX today so no reason for me to go to the office. I took him to the airport this morning and will pick him up this evening.  The day was all mine to do whatever I wanted.  Even Emma had plans..she was spending the day with her Momma and Poppa. Ashlee's last day of spring break before classes resume next week.

My friend, Sandra, had go pick up her sewing machine at the Bernina store, so I went with her and we spent the rest of the day shopping. Our first stop was Savage Quilter quilt shop. I bought fabric to make Emma a pair of bloomer pants. Sandra bought a quilt book...Table Toppers by Fons & Porter. We also went to Joann's. I bought the flower basket for Ashlee and the blue fat quarters for March theme for AAPG.
Fabric on left for Emma's pants
We stopped at several thrift stores and I did manage to find some things I couldn't live without.   First find were some old wooden oval  frames.  I am going to use one of them for a Halloween witch wool applique. Can't remember the designer but will let you know when I make it.

 
Sandra stopped at Horn's Seeds to buy onion sets, black-eyed peas, tomato plants, and pepper plants. I am so ready for spring. I hope to have a garden this year, but haven't really started working the area where I want it. With tax season, not too much gets done until after April 15. I did buy a grapevine ivy for my office though. Need some green and clean air there while I am working.  We stopped for lunch at Jason's Deli before heading down the street to the next thrift store.

 At the Goodwill store I found a green metal box that will be good to put a punch needle on top.

At the next store I found several pictures frames with glass. I use them to frame stitcheries and wool appliques. Prices range from 49 cents to $1.98 being the most expensive. Good prices for frames with glass.  Some small tin loaf pans for pincushions and an small old muffin tin. The feather tree was 99 cents.

At another thrift store I found an old wooden painting easel. Thought Ginger and I could use it in our booth to display things on.  Not sure what to do with the white wooden stool, but it was only $1.48
 The box of lace up blocks will be for Emma when she is a little older. Didn't appear that it had ever been used...99 cents!!!!

This purse had beads missing, but still lots were on it. My sister-in-law, Danna, does beadwork and is working on a crazy quilt for her sister. I thought she might be able to use some of them.
Purse with beads $2.00
Well, I think that is all of my found treasures. Sandra only found a small whisk to use to mix up her dyes when she dyes wool. She said she really didn't need anymore junk.  We missed having Ginger with us, but plan on doing this again soon and hoping Ginger can come.

Of course, I have to post pictures of Emma. She was my little leprechaun yesterday all dressed in her green top and shamrock pants.
She practices standing and then letting go. Going to be walking soon
Such a ham!!!
She likes to stand on her tiptoes
She was playing music for me
Well, better finish putting things away. Will be headed to the airport to pick up Jeff in a couple of hours. Wishing everyone a great and warm weekend!!!! Sunday is the first day of spring and the weather is supposed to be super nice here.

Blessings......patijane

6 comments:

  1. Oh Happy Day! You sure know how to use a day away from the office! So many great finds! Thanks for sharing some sweet pics of baby Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goodies! I'm sure you will re-purpose them all so wonderfully too!

    Emma is just growing and growing! What a cutie doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your blog. Sure did have fun hitting the thrift stores and all, didn't we!! The pictures of Emma are just so sweet...love the shamrock pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you found some treasures. Can't wait to see what you do with them. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma will be walking before you know it! She is such a cutie pie and she even plays music for you!

    Looks like you found a LOT of goodies while you and Sandra were on the treasure hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma is so grown up!*for a baby* :) It is always startling the first time you see a picture of them vertical, instead of in someone's arms or lap!

    She makes a precious little leprechaun!

    ReplyDelete