Sunday, April 25, 2010

What have I been doing??????

Wow, it's been over two weeks since I posted anything, so here goes....

Tax day, April 15th finally arrived and we were in pretty good shape. Got most of the tax returns done and filed by 8pm. No going to the post office this year at midnight.  We did file quite a few extensions, but that is normal for us.  Always something to do.

Friday, April 16 - Ashlee went to StorkVision and had a 4D ultrasound of baby girl, Emma(she has already picked a name). Here is one of the was amazing....she's beautiful. They also received a DVD. Little Emma kept playing hide and seek, though. She would put her hands up in front of her face. They did finally get a picture of her face.

I went with Ashlee to her doctors's appt on April 21. She was having the glucose test and didn't want to sit by herself for an hour.  The doctor was also going to check her thyroid again. She had some issues at the beginning of her pregnancy. Well, glucose test was OK, but thyroid was low again, so she has to start taking medicine. We are praying that everything will be OK with baby, Emma.

April 22, Thursday -- I drove my Mom and her friend, Marlene to Joplin, MO to a women's conference at Ozark Christian College. We first drove to Carthage, MO to the Precious Moments Chapel.

 Marlene, left and my Mom, Verna Mae

It was a very interesting place to see. We drove back to Joplin and checked into our hotel.  The conference began on Friday morning with speaker, Suzette Brawner.  Lunch break, my Mom and I went to Bittersweet Quilts, a quilt shop in Spring Town, MO. Lots of fabrics and some wool. I bought a block of the month wool applique quilt pattern and a few fat quarters. Headed back to the conference. Another speaker in the afternoon, with workshops and then dinner. We headed back to the hotel around 8:30pm. Several ladies met in the dining area and played card games and watched the NBA basketball game - OKC Thunder and LA Lakers. These women were very amusing. Like a bunch of young teenagers having a slumber party. I think fun was had by all.  We went back on Saturday for workshops and a final session with speaker, Suzette.  I enjoyed spending time with my Mom and her friends. We headed home Saturday afternoon with one stop in Muskogee OK to visit my Mom's brother, Eddie, who had been hospitalized while we were in Joplin. He is doing OK. It was good to see him. He was smiling and in good spirits, even though he was told he had early Parkinsons. We said prayers with him and then headed home to OKC.  Arrived around 9pm.

Today, Sunday, was spent working in the yard with Jeff. He mowed and I cleaned out the front flower beds.  Finally finished around 3pm.  He treated me to a taco and hot fudge sundae.  Figured I had worked hard enough to deserve Will be going this week to get flowers to plant. I think it is more late freezes.

It has been a great day and now am ready to relax and work on some stitching.  I will post in the next few days things I have been working on for the past month.

Have a great week and always wear a smile and tell someone you love them.



  1. What a treat to see lil' Emma! Praying all goes well with Ashlee.
    So glad you and your Mom had a wonderful weekend together and made it back home safely.
    Have a wonderful week my friend!!

  2. Emma has a precious face! Peek a boo seems like a fun dvd to show her later too! Oh the fun you will soon be having!

  3. I have been rendered speechless by that sweet image of Emma... So peaceful, so beautiful! :-)

  4. Sound like you have a good week end.
    Emma is a doll, I bet you are so excited.