Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July



Well, hope everyone has had a good 4th of July so far. I actually spent the day working in my garden. It was so relaxing and I had such a great time. I haven't got to work in it much because of my knee pain, but since surgery I have been pain free. I did take it easy, though. I took several breaks during the day. But it was wonderful. My garden actually is beginning to look like someone is taking care of it again.
The weather really cooperated too. There was cloud cover most of the day and it even rained a small amount. The birds were also enjoying the day. I caught this blackbird getting a drink from the bird bath.My husband, Jeff also had a very good day. He worked hard cleaning up the shed and backyard. He has talked about doing it for awhile and he finally found a day that worked for him. He really did a great job and was really happy when the evening came.He told me this was his first grade picture smile. He looks really happy, huh!

Well after everything was done, it started getting dark in the southwest and we are now having heavy rain with lightning and thunder. It is truly a welcome rain, though. Everything was really getting dry and I had started watering the garden and front yard. I guess I was just priming it for the rain. We had planned on going to watch fireworks later, so don't know how this weather will affect that. Just have to wait and see.

So I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe 4th. Enjoy your time with your family. My daughter did arrive from Puerto Rico yesterday and I can't wait to see them and start having some long awaited family time.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Blessings....patijane

5 comments:

  1. WOW!! beautiful garden, great patriotic decorations in front. So glad you are able to get out and play in the dirt. Hubby & I went to the Art in the Park about noon...spent 3 hours or so just walking around. Not too hot, but hot enough I guess. Fireworks got postponed by the rain. Have to wait until tomorrow night for the big display at the park. Enjoy your family.
    sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely garden! Happy holiday weekend to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your garden and your flags. So glad to see you have a blog. Your husbands smile is so sweet! Sounds like you both had a great time outdoors. Love the rugs you shared in other posts. They are wonderful, and how great you had a chance to go see them. Looking forward to seeing more of your work here and over on the AAPG group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pati-Love your decorations and your gardens too! We worked outside yesterday as well. Still have a lot to do. Hope you enjoy your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great that your knee is healing so well that you have already made it to your garden. It looks like a great place for the birds to visit. Glad you had a great 4th and Jeff's smile says it all! Enjoy the time with your daughter and grandkids this week.
    :)Ginger

    ReplyDelete