Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Labor Day!


Well, Labor Day is here and that means cooler weather is coming. The leaves will turn beautiful colors and fall to the ground. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving and then Christmas. Where did the summer go? It seems time flies by way too fast the older you get.

I spent Saturday with my husband, Jeff at the annual Arts Festival at the local community college.
We spent most of the morning walking thru the tents and looking at all kinds of art - jewelry, photography, oils, watercolors, metal sculpture, pottery, woodwork, and furniture. I bought some wooden Christmas ornaments for my daughters.

After doing all that walking, we were famished, so we headed to the "Gourmet Village". Their name for the location of the different food trailers.
First we shared an Indian taco, then roasted corn on the cob, and finally kurly fries. All healthy food...LOL, but it's a holiday so you can eat what you want.

Of course after all that eating, we had to sit and rest, so we spent the afternoon watching the entertainment. First was Spanish Flamenco dancing performed by a local dance group from Norman OK. Very lively and fun to watch.
We then heard some different bands.. first was Oklahoma Traditional Music Group. They played violins, harmonicas, and keyboards. They played bluegrass and gospel music. Next was Alter Ego...classic rock. Last was a band called Full Circle Band. They played classic rock n roll and I think Jeff enjoyed that one the most. It looked like rain while we were enjoying the entertainment, but I only felt a drop or two. We left around 5pm and went to the local frozen custard shop for dessert. We finally headed home around 6pm and watched the football game - University of Oklahoma vs Brigham Young University. It was a close game. OU did their best, but Brigham Young came out on top.

I got up this morning and had my Starbucks coffee -- iced Pumpkin Spice Latte. My favorite flavor that is only here in the fall..the barista said it will be available until the day after Thanksgiving. Then I went over to my daughter's house and planted some fall flowers before it got too hot. Came back home, checked email and decided to update my blog. So that is it for my holiday weekend.

Hope everyone has a great holiday and stays safe. Enjoy time with your family and friends. Happy Labor Day to everyone!!!

Blessings...patijane


No comments:

Post a Comment